COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF OGUN WEST SENATORIAL DISTRICT MEETING OF ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS (APC) HELD IN ILARO ON 23RD OCTOBER 2018
The meeting was attended by key stakeholders from the all the Local Governments and Local Council Development Areas of the District.
POINTS OF THE COMMUNIQUE-
1. Ogun West Senatorial district commends the governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun for standing firm and for being steadfast on the struggle for Ogun West for governor and the mandate of Hon. Abdulkabir Adekunle Akinlade as the APC gubernatorial candidate in Ogun state. We express our unflinching support to Senator Amosun and declare our readiness follow him wherever he leads us.
2. Ogun West Senatorial District does not recognise any other governorship primaries other than the primaries that produced our son, Hon. Abdulkabir Adekunle Akinlade on 2nd October 2018.
The Stakeholders of the district state unequivocally that the primaries that produced Abdulkabir Adekunle Akinlade was free, fair, credible and was duly supervised by all the accredited agencies such as the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the State Security Service (SSS), the Nigeria Police and other security agencies.
All members of APC in our senatorial district stand by the mandate freely given to our son in the governorship primaries of 2nd October 2018.
3. Therefore, Ogun West Senatorial district was completely surprised that the National Working Committee (NWC) of our party had the effrontery to declare another person, Dapo Abiodun, as the winner of the governorship primaries which were never conducted. The Ogun West Senatorial District hereby pronounce as fraudulent and daylight robbery the declaration Dapo Abiodun as the winner.
4. We carefully followed the reactions in the political space about the recent visit to President Muhammadu Buhari by the governor of the State, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, the Olu of Ilaro and Paramount ruler of Yewaland, Oba (Dr.) kehinde Olugbenle, Paramount ruler of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo and Senator Iyabo Anisulowo. We applaud the effort of these eminent citizens of our great state towards arriving at peace and amicable resolution of the issue.
5. We hereby request that the Senator representing Ogun West senatorial district, Senator Gbolahan Dada and other National and State House of Assembly members to declare their stand on the issue of the gubernatorial candidacy in Ogun State, otherwise the Ogun West Senatorial district will disown them.
1. Alhaji Yakubu Ajayi
Chairman, Ogun West Senatorial District
2. Chief Kayode kajebora
Secretary, Ogun West Senatorial District
3. Senator Iyabo Anisulowo
4. Chief M.A. Olagbaye
5. Chief Jide Ojuko