A section of the crisis-ridden All Progressives Congress members in Ogun West, led by Chief Mufutau Akande Ajibola, Chief Samuel Ayedogbon, Chief Fadipe Yayah among others have accused Ogun State Governor, Ibikunle Amosun of attempting to perpetrate a third term agenda, through his preferred candidate, Hon. Abdul Kabir Adekunle Akinlade.
Below is a communiqie issued after a meeting by the leaders and other stakeholders from the zone on the current political development in the state APC.
BEING A COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AFTER A MEETING OF OGUN WEST APC PARTY ELDERS ON THE CURRENT POLITICAL DEVELOMENTS IN OGUN APC
Ladies and gentlemen, we are all aware of the current intrigues that have been playing out in our dear Ogun State since the hitch-free conduct of the gubernatorial primary of our great party, which came up on Wednesday, October 3, 2018, wherein Prince (Dr.) Dapo Abiodun was declared winner by the National Working Committee’s Electoral Panel led by a retired Commissioner of Police,Mr Muhammed Indabawa.
No doubt, the result of the gubernatorial primary still appears not to have gone down well with Governor IbikunleAmosun as a result of the loss of his preferred candidate Abdulkabir Adekunle Akinlade to Prince Dapo Abiodun.
Since the free and fair conduct of the primary, which was keenly monitored by designated members of the APC NWC, several untoward incidents, gimmick and political antics have been orchestrated by some aggrieved members of Ogun APC.
Consequently, the current spate of unpleasant political happenings has indeed become a source of worry to every well-meaning and peace-loving indigene of Ogun, home and abroad.
In the view of the foregoing, we hereby state as follows:
1. We appreciate all genuine concerns for Yewa Awori agenda of which we are all leading champions.
2. Leadership at the state level betrayed our trust and belief for a processed, empowered and mentored Yewa Awori man to take over the mantle of governance in the state.
3. We vehemently object any form of third term agenda in Ogun State using a Yewa Awori man.
4. No one can claim to be more of Ogun west than these stakeholders. The purest and cleanest of Ogun west blood runs in our veins.
5. Yewa Awori for Governor candidate of our dream must be credible, have the full virtues of Yewa Awori without any blemishes. He must be acceptable to the vast majority of other equally important stakeholders across the state and responsible to the citizenry and not to a selfish cabal under the leadership of tyrant emperor and self acclaimed god of Ogun State.
6. In view the above and as loyal party members, we hereby unanimously align, agree and support the decision of the NWC that conducted APC gubernatorial primary in the state to uphold the mandate freely given to Prince Dapo Abiodun by the overwhelming majority of our part members.
7. We recognize the rights and opinions of few members to be dissatisfied but urge them to implore decent approach to vent their dissatisfaction. We therefore appeal to them to stop pockets of embarrassing and old fashioned de marketing of our great party.
8. Intimidations, threats and harassment of members loyal to Prince Dapo Abiodun must stop immediately. We strongly believe we are all members of the same political family.
9. We appreciate the efforts and salute the courage of Mr Governor in the quest for Yewa Awori for Governor, but equally want to remind him that in democracy, the power belongs to the teeming party members.
10. We appeal to Mr Governor to respect, support and rally round the choice of the party members in Prince Dapo Abiodun (his bosom friend) in the overall interest of our great party APC.
11. We are solidly behind the national body of our party and urge them not to be distracted by sponsored gatherings and belated empowerment in some areas.
12. We take exceptions to recent uncomplimentary comments by Mr Governor and Mrs Anisulowo against the Vice President Prof Yemi Osinbajo, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. Comrade Adams Oshiomole and our highly revered leader Akirogun Segun Osoba and warned that a repeat of such action would be met with appropriate reactions.
13. Thank you all. May God bless Ogun West. May God bless Ogun State.
Chief Mufutau Akande Ajibola
Chief Samuel Ayedogbon
Chief Fadipe Yayah
For: APC Ogun West Elders